YA Indie Blog Carnival
Welcome to the YA Indie Blog Carnival!
We’ve got a bunch of exciting topics lined up for the next few weeks on the who, what’s, where’s and why’s of Indie publishing as well as links to a bunch of fabulous Indie authors that you should definitely check out. If you own an e-reader of some sort, you are probably at least slightly familiar with the world of Indie publishing, but if not…allow me to introduce you.
Indie authors are those who have chosen to publish their written works independently of a traditional publisher or agent. The authors own their own works, set their own prices, and are responsible for all the management or out-sourcing on the back end such as promotions, networking, web and cover design, editing, formatting and listing their books, tracking their sales, etc. It’s really a revolutionary idea that’s taken off in recent years, especially with the advent of the e-book. Being an author isn’t such an unreachable goal nowadays, because with the right combo of the above, you can make your dreams of being published a reality.
So how does this work?
Every Friday, each author/blogger will be discussing the following Indie topics on their individual blogs. You can get to know them, their books and their experiences with Indie publishing.
So what are we going to talk about?
Who are we?
- Fisher Amelie (Author of The Understorey)
- K. C. Blake (Author of Vampire Rules)
- J.L. Bryan (Author of the Paranormals series)
- Heather Cashman (Author of Perception)
- Courtney Cole (Author of The Bloodstone Saga, Princess & Guardian)
- Rachel Coles (Author of Diary of a Duct Tape Zombie and other stories)
- Laura Elliott (Author of Winnemucca)
- Wren Emerson (Author of I Wish…)
- T. R. Graves (Author of The Warrior series)
- P.J. Hoover (Author of Solstice)
- Kimberly Kinrade (Author of Bits of You, Pieces of Me and Forbidden Mind)
- Patti Larsen (Author of the short story, Henry and the newly released Run)
- Michelle Leighton (Author of the Blood Like Poison series, The Reaping, Wiccan, Caterpillar, and the upcoming Madly series)
- Lexus Luke (Author of Manitou and The Sky People Saga)
- Amy Maurer Jones (Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy)
- Alicia McCalla (Author of the upcoming debut novel Breaking Free)
- Cheri Schmidt (Author of the Fateful series and Fair Maiden)
- Dani Snell (You are here. Book Blogger)
- Cidney Swanson (Author of Rippler)
- Cyndi Tefft (Author of Between)
- Suzy Turner (Author of December Moon and Raven)
- Nicole Williams (Author of Eternal Eden and the much anticipated sequel, Fallen Eden)
- Gwenn Wright (Author of Filter)
So check back in every Friday to visit us, ask us questions and explore the world of Indie publishing!