Miss R.’s next Middle Grade Monday book is…
Author: Raina Telgemeier
Published: September 1, 2012 by GRAPHIX
Format: 233 pages; Hardcover; Ebook
Miss R.’s Rating:
- What was the book about (without giving away what happens)?
It’s about a girl who’s in love with boys, and the girl helps make a play.
- Did you enjoy this story? Why?
I like the main character (Callie), and I like it because it’s funny.
- Was there a particular character that you liked the most?
I like Callie. She’s funny.
- Which character did you like the least?
I don’t like Bonnie. She’s a bit mean.
- Was there anything about the story that you didn’t like or that confused you?
I didn’t like the part when West fell on stage and he was bleeding and that Bonnie was mad because no one asked her if she was okay because West bumped her when he fell. (Bonnie did not even get hurt.)
- Did you learn anything from this book? Was there a moral to this story?
– SFX/FX means special effects.
– COMPROMISE means… I don’t know how to explain it. (Confetti cannon.)
– A MARKER is a little taped “x” on a stage that shows where props and people are supposed to go.
– NADA is Spanish for nothing.
– A SEQUENCE is a series of actions that you do to do something.
- Did you like the way the book ended?
- Do you like the cover?
I like the cover. And I like the little heart that means she’s in love.
- Would you recommend this book to your friends?
Yes, I recommend this book to people who like plays and romance.
- Draw a picture of something from the book, that does not reveal the ending.
* custom pony created via generalzoi’s Pony Creator